Sunday, July 8, 2007

LIFE AFTER ISLYN

This is pretty much life after baby! We are taking total advantage of having a new one in the house. She sets the nap standard pretty high! It won't be long, however, before these kinds of days will be reserved for Sunday afternoons. School starts on August 8! Needless to say, Mommy is flipping out! She's been telling everyone that if they see a white Yukon XL on the side of the road in CV after the 8th, with a woman hunched over the steering wheel, it's her bawling over dropping us off at school. Please pray for her and for us!
Issy is doing amazing! She is a terrific baby. We already can't remember our family without her. She has the prettiest smile and the cutest dimples!! I'll post more pics soon. For those of you who have been praying for her in regards to her eyes, THANK YOU! So far, we really have no explanation for her random eye blinking, except that it doesn't seem to anything major. We are getting a second opinion, though, just to be safe.
Thanks for logging on to see how we all are doing. We will continue to update you on our goings on.
LADER - LADER

3 comments:

kellyjyoung said...

I LOVE being part of the Reay family of 6. Kristy - this is a great site! Thanks for sharing pictures. I will be checking regularly for new pics and stories. I love you guys!
Auntie Kelly

Susan said...

Of course I remember you!!! Your kids are adorable! I got to see Kandy when I was in AZ and she updated me on you guys. Yes, it is good to be "in touch" via blogspot! :)

Scott and Katie said...

Kristy!! I LOVE IT!! Thank you so much for setting this up! I love getting to see the pictures and I too, will be eagerly awaiting new updates! I am so proud to be autie to your beautiful kids.

Tell Ajyah that I am so proud of her and I loved getting to show her neat things about her first new Bible.

Remember that Ajyah? When we were in the back seat of the suburban talking about the different parts of the Bible and how it's a collection of stories from people on how God worked in their lives? That sure was special to me. I love you girlie.

Kristy and Jake: Scott and I just got back from TWEEN CAMP at the Twin Rocks Christian Camp I was telling you about. It was great fun!! I got to be part of an activity that Scott led in one of his classes and I thought it would be an awesome thing to do together as a family to learn about the way we view ourselves in this world as a LIGHT for Christ, and as we view others. This will make for quite the comment on your blog spot, but have you ever known me to brief? :)

So you pass out a piece of paper and marker or pen or crayon to each one. and they draw a line across the center of it (hamburger style, not hotdog). Then you number 1-5 on the top and then again on the bottom. -Then you ask the question, "what are 5 things you like about yourself?" And they get to fill that in on the top part. You can help them write this out and/or they can draw their answers (I did do this with 3 & 4 year olds this morning for Sunday School because I liked it so much, and some might go over their heads but a lot won't and the message is great!! so not just for junior highers.) Anyways, try to focus them on things only about themselves, for example I like that I'm the oldest, I like that I can run fast, etc. Also I strongly suggest that mommy and daddy participate!
So, after that, ask them, "what are five things that you think GOD like about you?" Then have them fill in the bottom half with their answers/drawings. Have them be specific. I know that physically God loves the way he has created them but have them think about things they do, ways they behave, characterisitics they possess.
--When you're done the discussion is amazing! The things you can point out about your lists are:
-if there are things that are on both lists (that both you and God like about you) then we can be fairly safe to say that that might very well be part of who you are in Christ, who and how God made you to be. How great is that to realize!!
--Also, when we think about being a LIGHT to others, we need to prioritize being ourselves, so this is great thing to help understand who we really are. That we are not how we look or what our favorite color is, but rather that we are patient or that we share or that we pray & believe in God.
--Another thing is when we realize that our top and bottom lists look a little different you might ask yourself, what then, should I be focusing on? The fact that I like that I have new shoes or the fact that God likes my heart?
--The last thing is if we had asked you to make a list about the things we liked about the person next to us in the room or about a friend we know, we might have said things like, we like their hair, or their clothes, or that they have lots of toys (by the way if they give answers like this on their own papers for the top part that is FINE we are not wanting to feed their answers at all) but we can learn that we can look at others the way God looks at them and begin to like them for the important reasons.

So that's it! It is really fun to do but, it definitely takes a little help from grown ups. Let me know if you do it, how it went!

I love you so very much!!!

Auntie Katie